History of Public Meetings
The lagoon development option was announced on Nov. 6, 2011. Since then, Haseko has held regularly scheduled coffee hour meetings open to all Ocean Pointe?Hoakalei homeowners to come and ask questions about Haseko’s plans. Since November 2011, 57 of these coffee hours have been held.
In addition, Haseko has briefed the community numerous times about the change, met with community members/organizations upon request, and participated in City Council proceedings to update the ‘Ewa Development Plan to reflect the lagoon development option. The updated ‘Ewa Development Plan was approved by the City Council on July 10, 2013.
A Haseko staff member attends every ‘Ewa Neighborhood Board meeting and is available if any questions come up during the meeting, as well as to answer questions outside the meeting.
The following is a list of ‘Ewa Neighborhood Board, Planning Commission, DPP, and City Council meetings since November 2011 in which Haseko was either on the official agenda to provide a project update or project?related information was discussed (including the announcement of publication of the EISPN, DEIS and FEIS or upcoming City Council mtgs on the ‘Ewa Development Plan, Bill 62 (Zone Change), Bill 63 (SMA Boundary Amendment) and Reso 16-180 (SMP/SSV application).
‘Ewa Neighborhood Board Meetings
- November 10, 2011
- ENB mtg: Haseko Project Update Presentation: (Agenda item. Project history and change from marina to lagoon development option explained)
- February 9, 2012
- ENB mtg: (Haseko will be updating their permits and will be preparing something to be included in the Ewa Development Plan).
- May 10, 2012
- ENB mtg: (Mayor’s Rep asked about Haseko’s UA compliance. Councilmember Berg suggested a possible Town Hall meeting to discuss all sides of the marina issue. Governor’s rep asked about Haseko’s water use permit).
- June 14, 2012
- ENB mtg: (Mayor’s Rep reported on Haseko’s UA compliance).
- July 12, 2012
- ENB mtg: (CM Berg announced July 18, 2012 Town Hall meeting regarding Haseko).
- September 13, 2012
- ENB mtg: (Mayor’s Rep reported on Haseko’s UA compliance. Ewa Development Plan process explained).
- November 8, 2012
- ENB mtg: ‘Ewa Development Plan: A Board member noted that three (3) Board members attended the hearing on the ?Ewa Development Plan and reported that the Oahu General Plan has yet to be approved. It was noted that Board members provided testimony in an attempt to get the ?Ewa Development plan approved. The ?Ewa Development Plan was tabled at the hearing.
- May 9, 2013
- ENB mtg: Haseko Update: (Agenda item: Overall project history/update provided. Planning, Permitting, Zoning, Environmental, Public Works, Sustainability Committee – Rathbun reported that the City’s Planning and Permitting Committee is reviewing the ?Ewa Development Plan and hopes to bring to the full council for vote in June.
- October 10, 2013
- ENB mtg: ANNOUNCEMENTS: Haseko: Lisa Enanoria reported that Haseko has submitted the Environmental Impact Statement (EIS) to the Department of Planning and Permitting (DPP). Once DPP submits it to the Office of Environmental Quality Control (OEQC), it will be published on the OEQC bulletin board and public comment will be taken for a period of 30 days thereafter. [NOTE: EISPN published Oct. 23, 2013]
- June 12, 2014
- ENB mtg: Haseko Update: Lisa Enanoria from Haseko reported that a draft environmental impact statement (EIS) was submitted to the City Department of Planning and Permitting (DPP). The EIS will be published within the next month or so. Oamilda was reminded to address questions to the Board. Chair Rathbun requested that Enanoria or someone from Haseko report next month, July 2014, for an update.
- July 24, 2014
- ENB mtg: Lisa Enanoria brought copies of the Hoakalei Master Plan Update DEIS Project summary for distribution to the public and announced that the full report was available for review on Office of Environmental Quality Control’s (OEQC) website. Comments due on Tuesday, August 22, 2014.
- August 14, 2014
- ENB mtg: Mayor?s Rep reported on Haseko’s UA compliance. Vice Chair Mitch Tynanes announced that comments on the Draft Environmental Impact Statement for the Hoakalei Master Plan are due Friday, August 22, 2014.
- Sept. 30, 2014
- ENB mtg: Hoakalei?Ocean Pointe Master Plan Proposed Rezoning Briefing. “A community member interrupted Weinberger and verbal sparring ensued. A recess was called at 7:00 p.m. Order and
decorum could not be restored [so presentation not made].
- Oct. 9, 2014
- ENB mtg: Hoakalei?Ocean Pointe Master Plan Proposed Rezoning Briefing. (see attached meeting minutes as amended/adopted by the ENB).
- Nov. 5, 2015
- ENB Govt Affairs, Planning & Zoning Cmte Agenda: A. Bill 62: To rezone land situated at Ewa Beach, Hawaii (Hoakalei) – Haseko Development. B. Bill 63: A bill for an ordinance to amend portions of boundaries of the special management area map.
- Nov. 12, 2015
- ENB mtg: Hoakalei Master Plan Update
- March 15, 2016
- ENB Govt Affairs, Planning & Zoning Cmte Agenda: A. Hoakalei Master Plan Update–Zone Change. Announced the City Council has scheduled a special zoning and planning committee meeting at Kapolei Hale Monday March 21 @ 6pm.
Planning Commission Meetings
- June 27, 2012
- ‘Ewa Development Plan
- July 11, 2012
- ‘Ewa Development Plan
- May 27, 2015
- ‘Ewa Zone Change request – Hoakalei Master Plan Update
Department of Planning and Permitting Public Hearing
- June 2, 2015
- Hoakalei ‘Special Management Area Use Permit and Shoreline Setback Variance
City Council Meetings
To follow is a list of City Council meetings to date on Bill 62, Bill 63 and Reso 15?206.
- Oct. 3, 2012
- Council: Bill 65 (2012) ‘Ewa Development Plan – Passed First Reading and was referred to Committee on Zoning and Planning
- Oct. 10, 2012
- Bill 65 (2012) ‘Ewa Development Plan – Deferred in Committee.
- May 16, 2013
- Zoning and Planning cmte: Bill 65 (2012) ‘Ewa Development Plan – Reported out of committee for passage on Second Reading as amended.
- June 5, 2013
- Council/Public Hearing: Bill 65 (2012) ‘Ewa Development Plan – Passed Second Reading as amended. Public hearing closed and referred to Committee on Zoning and Planning.
- June 27, 2013
- Zoning and Planning cmte: Bill 65 (2012) ‘Ewa Development Plan – Reported out of committee for passage on Third reading.
- July 10, 2013
- Council: Bill 65 (2012) ‘Ewa Development Plan – Adopted.
- Sept. 2, 2015
- Council: Bill 62 (2015) Haseko Zone Change & Bill 63 (2015) SMA Boundary amendment – Passed First Reading and was referred to Committee on Zoning and Planning.
- Nov. 16, 2015
- Zoning and Planning cmte special meeting for Bill 62, Bill 63 & Resolution 15?206 at Kapolei Hale. Deferred in Committee.
- March 21, 2016
- Zoning and Planning cmte special meeting for Bill 62 CD1 & Bill 63 – Reported out of committee for passage on Second Reading and scheduling of public hearing as amended.
- April 20, 2016
- Council/Public Hearing: Bill 62 CD1 and Bill 63 – Passed Second Reading as amended. Public hearing closed and referred to Committee on Zoning and Planning.
- June 16, 2016
- Zoning and Planning cmte: Bill 62 CD1, Bill 63 and Reso 15?206 –Deferred in Committee.
- September 6, 2016
- Zoning & Planning Committee Special Meeting on Bill 62 CD1, Bill 63 and Reso 16-180 – Continued to 9/26.
- September 22, 2016
- Zoning & Planning Committee Special Meeting continued for Bill 62 CD1, Bill 63 and Reso 16-180. Reported out of committee for passage on Third Reading Bill 62 CD2, Bill 63 CD1 and Resolution 16-180 by the Council.
- October 5, 2016
- The City Council passed Bill 62 CD1, Bill 63 and Reso 16-180.
- October 21, 2016
- Mayor Kirk Caldwell signed both bills into law.
Haseko continues to accommodate all requests to provide information about our project.